1) In what year do historians think Teotihuacan
(current site of Mexico City) reached a population of 100,000? Hint: year is a chronological term.
2) Two outstanding external sources for creating bibliographies are
listed in "Citing Historical Sources." They are:
3) One helpful link is the
Avalon Project. At what famous American university founded in 1703 is
this site hosted?
4) Frustrated by the success Harriet Tubman achieved by helping
escaping slaves on the Underground Railroad, slaveowners placed a
$40,000 bounty on her capture in 1850. Adjusted for inflation, what would that bounty
be worth in
2006 dollars? (Don't use commas when calculating.)
5) According to the Pre-Columbian America outline, how many Arawak
Indians (the tribe that Columbus met on San Salvador) were alive in the
6) What were the four presidential
election years when the person winning the most popular votes
did not become president?
______________, _______________, _______________, ______________
7) Circle the correct answer to the first question in the Colonial
Beginnings multiple choice quiz:
"Which of the following characterized English society in the sixteenth
A) a stagnant economy
B) a rapidly growing population
C) declining per capita output
and real household income
D) all of the above
E) none of the above
8)Who said in a quotable quote "The
vice presidency isn't worth
a warm bucket of spit?"
9) How many schools and teachers are linked
to the U.S. History Resources site?
10) As of today, how many visitors have there been to the U.S. History
Resources site since April 15, 2005? (bottom
of the right frame)
Bookmark this site. It is where homework assignments, review
sheets, and practice quizzes are maintained.